The Clad Safety Team are made up of a group of technical experts and we like to pass our knowledge on to our customers.
We will educate and inform you on changes to legislation and advise all our customers on the appropriate technical workwear and PPE so that your workforce is always protected and safe.
During the current COVID-19 pandemic, it is vital, more than ever, that you understand why your employees must wear the correct workwear and PPE for their specific job role.
Following a request from European Commission and in association with CEN, the European Committee for Standardization, and CENELEC, the European Committee for Electrotechnical Standardization, the BSI have kindly made all the current safety standards which cover face masks, medical gloves and protective clothing free to download from their website. These standards include:
- BS EN 149:2001+A1:2009 Respiratory protective devices. Filtering half masks to protect against particles. Requirements, testing, marking
- BS EN 14683:2019 Medical face masks. Requirements and test methods.
- BS EN 13795-1:2019 Surgical clothing and drapes. Requirements and test methods. Surgical drapes and gowns
- BS EN 13795-2:2019 Surgical clothing and drapes. Requirements and test methods. Clean air suits
- BS EN 14126:2003 Protective clothing. Performance requirements and tests methods for protective clothing against infective agents
- BS EN 14605:2009+A1:2009 Protective clothing against liquid chemicals. Performance requirements for clothing with liquid-tight (Type 3) or spray-tight (Type 4) connections, including items providing protection to parts of the body only (Types PB  and PB )
- BS EN 166:2002 Personal eye protection. Specifications
- BS EN 455-1:2000 Medical gloves for single use. Requirements and testing for freedom from holes
- BS EN 455-2:2015 Medical gloves for single use. Requirements and testing for physical properties
- BS EN 455-3:2015 Medical gloves for single use. Requirements and testing for biological evaluation
- BS EN 455-4:2009 Medical gloves for single use. Requirements and testing for shelf life determination
- BS EN ISO 10993-1:2009 Biological evaluation of medical devices Part 1: Evaluation and testing within a risk management process
- BS EN ISO 13688:2013 Protective clothing. General requirements
- BS EN ISO 374-5:2016 Protective gloves against dangerous chemicals and micro-organisms. Terminology and performance requirements for micro-organisms risks
- BS EN 29073-3:1992 Methods of tests for Nonwovens – Part 3: Determination of tensile strength and elongation
- BS EN ISO 139:2005 Textiles – Standard atmospheres for conditioning and testing
- BS EN ISO 811:2018 Textiles – Determination of resistance to water penetration – Hydrostatic pressure test
- BS EN ISO 9073-10:2004 Textiles – Test methods for nonwovens – Part 10: Lint and other particles generation in the dry state
- BS EN ISO 11737-1:2018 Sterilization of health care products – Microbiological methods – Part 1: Determination of a population of microorganisms on products
- BS EN ISO 13938‑1:2019 Textiles – Bursting properties of fabrics – Part 1: Hydraulic method for determination of bursting strength and bursting distension
- BS EN ISO 22612:2005 Clothing for protection against infectious agents — Test method for resistance to dry microbial penetration
- ISO 22610:2018 Surgical drapes, gowns and clean air suits, used as medical devices, for patients, clinical staff and equipment – Test method to determine the resistance to wet bacterial penetration
- BS EN 13034:2005+A1:2009 Performance requirements for chemical protective clothing offering limited protective performance against liquid chemicals (Type 6 and Type PB equipment)
- BS EN ISO 13982-1:2204+A1:2010 Part 1: Performance requirements for chemical protective clothing providing protection to the full body against airborne solid particulates (type 5 clothing)
- BS EN 168:2002 Personal eye-protection – Non-optical test methods
If you wish to download any of these standards you can do so by clicking the button below.